Perio Plus+ Gum gel from Curaprox is an extra intensive gel for plaque biofilm control to help improve gum health. Perio Plu Periodontal gel focuses the active ingredients of CHX 0.5%, Hyaluronic Acid and Citrox where it is needed.
CITROX® comes from nature and is a natural bioflavonoid extracted from bitter oranges (Citrus aurantium amara) that is strongly effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Citrox is combined with another natural ingredient – polylysine amino acids to help adhesion to the teeth, gums and oral soft tissues for a long-lasting benefits.
Hyaluronic acid is often used after operations and regulates moisture levels, promotes cell growth and speeds up healing. Some Perio Plus+ products therefore contain hyaluronic acid.
Chlorhexidine has been used in health and dental care for many years and is known to be effective at controlling bacterial plaque biofilm. Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients.
Xylitol is know to stop the bacteria that cause tooth decay sticking to teeth and promoting healthy teeth and gums.
Ingredients – see image as well as below.
- Chlorhexidine digluconate 0.5% for control of plaque biofilm bacteria
- CITROX®/P formula – natural extract of bitter oranges combined with polylysine amino acids to ensure long-lasting antibacterial effects
- Hyaluronic acid to accelerate regeneration
- Xylitol for a pleasant taste, to protect against caries and ensure strong teeth
- PVP/VA for a highly effective protective film over the teeth, gums and oral mucosa
- No alcohol
Like all chlorhexidine products PerioPlus gum gel is best used on guidance from your dental team. some people may experience staining which can be removed by your dental team by polishing.
Suitable to use on interdental brushes to improve bleeding, inflamed gums and around wisdom or partly erupted teeth where gum is sore, inflamed or bleeding.
Need some guidance? Take Time Our For Teeth
Find out more about gum health from the British Society of Periodontology.