* We are working on this page. Please call back or if you have a query contact us [email protected]
Most Common Diseases & Conditions:
Tooth decay (dental caries)
Tooth wear (erosion, attrition, abrasion)
Major Risk Factors Which Contribute to Problems:
- Diet – sugar containing food and drinks
- Poor oral hygiene
- Little or no fluoride around teeth
- Polypharmacy (taking a number of medications)
- Tooth loss
Everyone in this Age Group Should Aim for:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Practice good oral hygiene (Floss/clean between and brush daily)
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Spit out after brushing but don’t rinse
- Avoid/stop tobacco and nicotine products
- Avoid/minimise alcohol
- Regular dental care
- Inside the mouth – Teeth, Function, Appearance & Replacement. Failing fillings and restorations. Tooth/Root decay, Gum disease, Tooth wear, Recession, Sensitivity and Trauma. Soft tissue health, Mouth Cancer, Saliva, Dry mouth & Fresh breath.
Many people at this stage in life may have lost some or all of their teeth. Some teeth may be heavily filled or have been replaced by a denture, implant or dental bridge. Tooth loss, fillings etc all can make it harder to maintain a high standard of oral hygiene. Teeth drift, fillings can break and teeth fracture all which need to be repaired. Decay can develop around old fillings and on root surfaces exposed by gum recession. Root surfaces are softer than the hard enamel coating the tooth and can decay quite quickly .
- Lifestyle, Health and Wellbeing – Aging, General, Oral Health and Inflammation. Medications and supplements. Tobacco, Alcohol & Drugs. Caring for others. Sleep, Exercise, Mental health & wellbeing.
- Oral hygiene –Toothbrushing, Interdental cleaning & other oral care routines including the use of mouth wash. Tongue cleaning. Dental Appliance Care. Restorations – crown, bridge and implant maintenance. Supporting & assisting oral hygiene.
- Diet and Nutrition – Healthy Eating for a healthy life and for a healthy smile for life. Sugar, Weight and oral health
- Professional dental care – General Dental Care – Access, Cost, Monitoring & Maintenance. Repair and replacement of Teeth e.g. Dental Implants. Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal – Dental Hygiene Therapy. Cosmetic and Specialist dental care.
Worried about going to the dentist? We recommend visiting LLTTF which has advise and tips to make visiting the dentist a better experience.