* We are working on this page. Please call back or if you have a query contact us [email protected]
Most Common Diseases & Conditions:
Tooth decay (dental caries)
Tooth wear (erosion, attrition, abrasion)
Major Risk Factors Which Contribute to Problems:
- Diet – sugar containing food and drinks
- Poor oral hygiene
- Little or no fluoride around teeth
- Polypharmacy (taking a number of medications)
- Tooth loss
Everyone in this Age Group Should Aim for:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Practice good oral hygiene (Floss/clean between and brush daily)
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Spit out after brushing but don’t rinse
- Avoid/stop tobacco and nicotine products
- Avoid/minimise alcohol
- Regular dental care
- Inside the mouth – Teeth – Function and appearance. Tooth decay & Gum disease. Gum recession. Root decay. Sensitivity, Ulcers, Soft tissues, Tongue health & fresh breath. Mouth Cancer. Dry mouth. Inflammation and the Oral Microbiome.
- Lifestyle, Health and Wellbeing – General, Oral Health and Inflammation. Medications and supplements. Lifestyle – Tobacco, Alcohol & Drugs. Caring for others. Mental health and Stress.
- Oral hygiene – Toothbrushing, Interdental cleaning & other oral care routines. Tongue cleaning. Dental Appliance Care.
- Diet and Nutrition – Healthy Eating for a healthy life and for a healthy smile for life. Sugar, Weight and oral health
- Professional dental care – General Dental Care – Monitoring & Maintenance. Repair and replacement of Teeth e.g. Dental Implants. Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal – Dental Hygiene Therapy. Cosmetic Dentistry – Tooth Bleaching, Orthodontics etc
Worried about going to the dentist? We recommend visiting LLTTF which has advise and tips to make visiting the dentist a better experience.