* We are working on this page. Please call back or if you have a query contact us [email protected]
Most Common Diseases & Conditions:
(tooth & root caries)
Tooth wear (erosion, attrition, abrasion)
Major Risk Factors Which Contribute to Problems:
- Diet – sugar containing food and drinks
- Poor oral hygiene
- Little or no fluoride around teeth
- Polypharmacy (taking a number of medications)
- Tooth loss
Everyone in this Age Group Should Aim for:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Practice good oral hygiene (Floss/clean between and brush daily)
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Spit out after brushing but don’t rinse
- Avoid/stop tobacco and nicotine products
- Avoid/minimise alcohol
- Regular dental care
- Inside the mouth – Teeth, Function, Appearance & Replacement. Tooth/Root decay, Gum disease, Tooth wear, Recession, Sensitivity, Trauma, Mouth Cancer & Soft tissue health. Failing restorations. Saliva, Dry mouth & Fresh breath.
- Health and Wellbeing – Healthy aging. Independence and self care. Overall health, Oral Health and Quality of Life. Frailty, isolation and mental health.
- Oral hygiene – Self care. Carers mouth care – Supporting and assisting mouth care. Oral hygiene aids – selection and use. Dental appliance care e.g. dentures, implants.
- Diet and Nutrition – Eating for health and wellbeing. Hydrati
- on. Sugar and snacks. Supplements. Weight maintenance for health.
- Professional oral care – General dental care – access, cost, monitoring and maintenance. Repair and replacement of teeth/fillings. Supportive preventive therapies.
Worried about visiting the dentist?
We recommend visiting LLTTF which has advise and tips to make visiting the dentist a better experience.