* We are working on this page. Please call back or if you have a query contact us [email protected]
Video Oral health care for baby boomers Oral health coach LeighGS recorded live on Facebook during Talking Teeth Thursday August 2021.
Most Common Diseases & Conditions:
Tooth decay (dental caries)
Tooth wear (erosion, attrition, abrasion)
Major Risk Factors Which Contribute to Problems:
- Diet – sugar containing food and drinks
- Poor oral hygiene
- Little or no fluoride around teeth
- Polypharmacy (taking a number of medications)
- Tooth loss
Everyone in this Age Group Should Aim for:
- Eat a healthy diet
- Practice good oral hygiene (Floss/clean between and brush daily)
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Spit out after brushing but don’t rinse
- Avoid/stop tobacco and nicotine products
- Avoid/minimise alcohol
- Regular dental care
Inside the mouth – Function. Tooth decay & Gum disease. Gum recession. Root decay. Teeth – Shape, Colour, Replacement. Sensitivity, Ulcers, Soft tissues, Tongue health and Mouth Cancer. Dry mouth. Inflammation and the Oral Microbiome. Fresh breath.
Lifestyle, Health and Wellbeing – Mid life aging and oral health. General, Oral Health and Inflammation. Medications and supplements. Lifestyle – Tobacco, Alcohol & Drugs. Caring for others. Mental health and Stress.
Oral hygiene – Toothbrushing, Interdental cleaning & other oral care routines. Tongue cleaning. Dental Appliance Care.
Diet and Nutrition – Healthy Eating for a healthy life and for a healthy smile for life. Sugar, Weight and oral health
Professional dental care – General Dental Care – Monitoring & Maintenance. Repair and replacement of Teeth e.g. Dental Implants. Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal – Dental Hygiene Therapy. Cosmetic Dentistry – Tooth Bleaching, Orthodontics etc
Lifestyle, Health and Wellbeing
- General & Oral Health Awareness -Inflammation, and Non-Communicable Disease
- Gum Disease
- Tooth Decay – Root decay
- Mouth Cancer
- Tooth wear – Acid erosion, Tooth Abrasion & Grinding
- Dry mouth
- Ulcers, Sore Mouth and Sensitivity
- Medicines and supplements
- Healthy aging – Exercise and Self Care
- Drugs, Tobacco & Alcohol
- Mental Health
- Fresh Breath
Diet and Nutrition
- Eat well for life
Oral Hygiene –
- Toothbrushing, Interdental cleaning & other oral care routines
- Dental Appliance Care
- General Dental Care – Monitoring & Maintenance.
- Repair and replacement of Teeth e.g. Dental Implants, Dentures etc.
- Professional Mechanical Plaque Removal – Dental Hygiene Visits
- Cosmetic Dentistry – Tooth Bleaching, Orthodontics etc
Worried about going to the dentist? We recommend visiting LLTTF which has advise and tips to make visiting the dentist a better experience.