GC MI Paste Plus with CPP-ACP(F) is the only product that delivers the ideal calcium, phosphate and fluoride ratio of 5:3:1. MI Paste Plus with ACP(F) releases all three of the ions needed to form acid-resistant fluorapatite by BOTH remineralisation and fluoridation of the tooth surfaces.
Water based, sugar free dental topical crème containing Recaldent™ CPP-ACP (Casein Phosphopeptide – Amorphous Calcium Phosphate) and fluoride. All the benefits of GC Tooth Mousse, with 900ppm of a unique, patented form of fluoride in a product designed for those at high-risk of tooth surface loss either from tooth or root decay, acid erosion or other form of wear.
Indications for Use
- sensitivity (e.g. after tooth bleaching). Tooth decay prevention or tooth surface loss/tooth wear (e.g.acid erosion).
- Restoring mineral balance in patients with salivary deficiencies such as xerostomia (dry mouth) or when proper oral hygiene procedures are difficult
- Restoring balance after procedures such as tooth whitening, professional cleaning, as well as reducing any resulting dentine hypersensitivity
- Research has also shown that Recaldent™ can transform the visual opacity of new white spots to a more natural ‘tooth-like’ translucency
- For patients who suffer from aggressive caries and loss of tooth structure, from dental erosion and accelerated tooth wear following head and neck radiotherapy
- For pregnant women
- During and/or after orthodontics
- For patients with an acidic oral environment and gastric reflux
- For patients with poor plaque control and high caries risk
The only restrictions are for those with milk protein or hydroxybenzoate allergies who should not use this or Tooth Mousse.
What is Recaldent
Recaldent™ is derived from the milk protein, casein. For many years it has been known that milk and its derivatives have a tooth protective effect. Recently, research has shown that this activity is due to a part of the casein protein called Casein Phosphopeptide (or CPP).
It carries calcium and phosphate ions ‘stuck’ to it, in the form of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (or ACP). This complex of CPP-ACP (Recaldent™) is an ideal delivery system for bio-available calcium and phosphate ions.
CCP-ACP A casein derived peptide, with added calcium and phosphate. It provides a phosphate and calcium reservoir when included within dental plaque and on the surface of the tooth.
Amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP) is made by combining soluble salts of calcium and phosphorous. Calcium and phosphate ions are released when the pH drops during an acid attack, to maintain supersaturated surroundings with respect to hydroxyapatite. As a result reducing demineralization and increasing remineralization.
CCP-ACP has a buffering effect on the acids produced in dental plaque and therefore has applications in the control of caries (tooth decay), especially uncontrolled root caries.