Oral health Education and Training
Oral health Education and Training for all ages – contact us to discuss your needs.
Currently all activities are via Zoom. We are happy to arrange a zoom call for your group. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
Alderman Maureen Morrow Mid & East Antrim Borough Council about Mouth Matters Oral Health Programme
“The Mouth Matters course provides an excellent insight into how good oral health is essential to good general health. LeighGS delivers the information in a lighthearted manner, making it personal to each participant with lots of interaction. One participant said “I can’t believe I spent 2 hours learning about oral health and I am looking forward to next weeks session. Brilliant course, well delivered.”
Oral health education is tailored to your group – large or small of all ages – 0-99 years+
- Antenatal groups
- Post natal/new mums
- Parent and toddler groups
- Preschool groups
- Schools – Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4 – we work with teachers to ensure curriculum requirements are met
- Staff training & education
- PTA groups
- Third level education group
- Personal development
- Life and social skills – personal hygiene
- Special education
- Community groups
All sessions aim to be fun, informative and interactive and are based on current scientific evidence
A range of topics can be covered in your session. For example –
- The mouth, teeth and oral health
- Oral hygiene – tooth brushing, cleaning between teeth including practical sessions
- Food, nutrition and oral health – e.g sugars, snacking, healthy eating/drinking
- Lifestyle factors affecting oral health e.g. tobacco use, alcohol, recreational drugs, oral piercings, exercise
- Oral and general health links
- Dental diseases – what they are and how to prevent them
- Resources suitable to each group are included in the cost.E.g. toothbrushes, inter dental cleaning aids, support literature
Session charge is based on group needs and takes into account resources, preparation, travel etc. e.g 60 minute session costs £110. Contact us for more information and quote.
We provide education and training for all dental team members on prevention, minimal intervention, oral health care etc.
Contact us for more details, discuss your needs, get a quote and arrange a session for yourself and/or your team. This is a great way to update your team and ensure evidence based oral health advice is being offered consistently to patients. Cost is based on time/travel/resources etc